Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fabric 'Fix'

Well, my sister and I were supposed to head down to Swansea today to check out Apple Annie Fabric, one of the few fabric stores left in Massachusetts or New Hampshire these days. You can find quilt shops galore, but to find a great fabric store for clothes sewing is no small feat. We decided to leave that two hour jaunt for another day, much to my dismay since I've never been there and fabric stores are a special adventure.

But, all was not lost. We did head over to Fabric Fix. For those who have never ventured into this tiny venue on Blaine Street in Manchester, you are in for a treat! In fact, I almost hate to talk about them for fear everyone will find my special haven. They have bolt upon bolt of beautiful fabric including dupioni and linen at great prices. I was very good today since I was just there two weeks ago. I only succumbed to a lovely pale pink linen with a miniscule brown/black slub for the glorious price of $6 a yard! A summer jacket is calling me....

Apple Annie will be another day. Next week we are headed for Montreal and I've been promised I can wile away some hours in their garment district. I'll let you know -- off to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment