Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That

It seems like forever since I've posted. I've been busy -- just sort of all over the place. My friend, Carolyn, has opened a shop (Victorian Cupboard Sewing Studio) in Salem, New Hampshire. I am so excited for her and will write more about her shop once the website is complete. But that is where I've been spending some of my time.

I've also been experimenting more with my jewelry rolls....


and small purses...
I love working with silks, and searching for unusual trims and buttons. If anyone has some good sources for very nice buttons in New England, please, please let me know. I'm making a trip up to Delectable Mountain Cloth in Brattleboro, Vermont next week to look around.

I am also very excited because Pattern Review is hosting two on-line classes with Kenneth King on making purses. The first one, which begins a bit later in July is on soft handbag construction and the next one, which is in August, is on structured handbag construction. I'm hoping to get lots of ideas from both of these!

I've been doing a bit of garment sewing -- but nothing yet to post. If only there were more hours in a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment