Monday, June 7, 2010

That Time Of Year

May and June bring so many things, especially Graduations. I really wanted this year to come up with something special for friends' daughters. I finally came up with these jewelry rolls. Those of you who read my blog know that I love to pick up dupioni remnants and have a wonderful source for them at Artee's in Hudson, MA. These are a wonderful use for these remnants and the rolls are fun to make. They have an upper and lower zippered pocket and a band for holding rings or for stringing chains so they don't tangle. I've embroidered names in contrasting thread and tied with grograin.





They make a nice and personal gift for a special girl, especially with a pretty pair of earrings slipped inside!



2 comments:

  1. Those are lovely gifts. Please, add me to your recepient list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and thoughtful gifts. Thanks for the comment about my jacket too.

    ReplyDelete