I liked the fit well enough that I wondered what it would be like with a woven. So, I redrafted the pattern so it opened in the back (The back was cut on the fold, so I simply redrew the back pattern piece onto pattern paper, and added adding 2 inches (1/2 inch to turn and clean finish, and another 1 1/2 so there would be a nice wide fold to do the buttons and buttonholes in).
I've had this crinkly fabric for a while now, but only very narrow remnants that were given to me by a friend who worked for a designer. So, by cutting each side individually I was able to eke out the top. I decided the fabric called for a funkier, more casual look, so instead of folding over and hemming the V, sleeves, and hem, I did a rolled hem on my serger and was fairly happy with the result. I perhaps wasn't as careful as I should have been -- when I do something new, I tend to hurry so I can see the result and then do my second piece more carefully. Very bad habit, I know.
I really liked the look. The back dips down more than the front, which I also liked. The buttons were part of my vintage stash and went well. So, since I had both the buttons and fabric already, the top was essentially free, which is a great way to experiment!!