Monday, July 27, 2009

Crossroads

Ever have so many things you want to do that you don't know where to start? And, you feel like you really don't have a plan? That's where I am! I bought a new machine that I am soooo excited about but when it finally came in and I got it home, the computer screen did not work! I will call today to see what's up. It's a Viking Designer SE and I hope it's everything I expect.

I also bought two new Sewing Workshop patterns, one of them I hope to make this week -- the Liberty Shirt, and will post if it works out (or if it doesn't!) I also bought more cloth and am beginning to think I keep buying patterns and cloth to avoid actually sitting down to sew! Fear of failure?

We were in Montreal last week and I did finally buy two fabric pieces that I think will work for pillows I promised my nephew weeks ago. His furniture is black leather and his carpeting is cream, so I hope these will work well. I went back and forth about whether I should do splashes of color to make it vibrant or keep it more neutral so he can add other elements and not be on overload. As usual, my more classic side won out -- I hope he doesn't think they're too boring! But, then, it's only cloth -- more can be made if he doesn't like them...

I may do another one or two in black with some free style embroidery in cream and maybe red to spice things up.

Back to clothes -- I really need to zero in on some patterns that work for me and a plan to put together a wardrobe! Hopefully I will make some progress on that this week and get my new machine up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment